It is important to know your rights and responsibilities when it comes to managing your health. At CGI, we partner with you to deliver safe, effective care to the highest possible standards to achieve maintaining a healthy lifestyle through all stages of your life.
That means as a patient, you need to know:-
- Every patient has the right to access competent healthcare and treatment.
- Prior to treatment, a patient has the right to a clear explanation of the proposed treatment, planned procedure/intervention and common complications that may arise.
- Translation services will be provided where possible.
- The hospital will ensure the safety and security of the patients.
- A patient has the right to know the investigations conducted and the results of these investigations.
- A patient has the right to a second opinion at any time.
- A patient or a third person on the patient’s behalf with written permission and consent letter can request for a Medical Report. Fees will be charged for the report.
- The patient has the right to enquire for information and provide feedback to the Head of Department concerned or to the Customer Service Department.
- A patient has the right to be provided with:
- Estimated bill at time of admission
- Updates on the bill status periodically
- Itemized bill on discharge (upon request)
- The patient/guardian with legal responsibilities shall provide accurate and complete information about his/her health to the attending doctor to the best of their ability.
- The patient/guardian with legal responsibilities shall inform the hospital f his/her ability to pay for the services to be rendered.
- The patient has the responsibility to follow doctor’s advice and treatment, keep appointments and inform the doctor or the hospital if he/she is unable to do so.
- While in the clinic or hospital, the patient must conduct himself/herself so as not to interfere with the well-being or rights of other patients or healthcare professionals.